We are now accepting proposals for the Health & Wellness Congress
Sept. 20 – 24th in Washington D.C.
The submission deadline is February 10, 2014
For those interested in participating as speakers at the Health & Wellness Congress, please complete the Call for Speakers Form on the right in its entirety. The form must be completed in its entirety to be considered. We are accepting topics in all areas of Health & Wellness Tourism including:
- Wellness Tourism Trends & Best Practices
- Wellness tourism research
- Spa Tourism
- Complimentary & Alternative Medicine
- Workplace Wellness programs
- Wellness & Medical tourism – Business opportunities for travel Agents
Workshops are 50 minute to 2 hour interactive sessions that allow for open discussions with attendees. Sessions will be set at round-tables to help facilitate the sharing of information amongst the delegates. Speakers are encouraged to incorporate practical demonstrations, role playing, and small group activities into their presentations.
CONCURRENT BREAKOUT SESSIONS
These are 50 minute presentations focusing on one of our popular educational conference tracks: TO BE DETERMINED.
If you feel you are qualified to speak at one of our breakout sessions, please submit your paper or presentation idea using one of the methods described below:
- Recommend a Single Presenter: The presentation should focus on relevant subjects that would be of interest to our attendees. Case studies, surveys or research results are always audience pleasers.
- Recommend a Multiple Speaker Session: The presentation session should consist of two-three presenters with a high-profile position such as president founder, CEO, Medical director, ect… with ample experience in Health & Wellness. Time should be distributed equally among all presenters.
- Recommend a Panel Discussion: Panel sessions are a good way to encourage open discussion. These sessions should consist of three or four presenters and a moderator. The panels should include speakers from different organizations and backgrounds in order to encourage different viewpoints. It is also recommended that the moderator of the session be a representative from the organization that is coordinating the panel. The goal of this format is to bring together a diversity of views and perspectives on relevant themes from a wide-range of industry experts.
GENERAL SESSIONS OR KEYNOTE
Speakers applying for a General Session or Keynote should prepare for a 20-45 minute Keynote address in front of up to 2000 attendees. The topic should touch on a timely issue that is relevant to the Wellness Tourism industry. Applicants should have ample experience in successful live presentations. Senior level executives, motivational speakers, best-selling authors and governmental organizations are preferred.
Speakers, presenters and panelists should try to refrain from self-promotion during presentations. While at times it may be necessary for a presenter to refer to his or her company by name during the presentation, promotional efforts of any kind are considered a serious breach of the spirit of the conference.
What we are looking for
Attendees to the Health & Wellness Conference are looking for you to share your expertise and real-world strategies with the audience. Please refrain from overtly promoting yourself or your business. Proposals should provide practical information such as customer perspectives, best practices, and lessons learned. Also be aware that many of our attendees come from foreign countries so try to use simple language that will be understood by people from different culture and language backgrounds.
Proposals are reviewed according to specific criteria, including:
- Subject matter that is timely and relevant to Wellness and Medical tourism.
- Research and statistics
- Case study results and/or examples
- Presentations that includes practical information that attendees can immediately implement
- Key learning objectives and take away value for attendees
- The presenter’s speaking experience
- Supporting documentation such as past presentations, published white paper and/or articles on a similar subject matter
Important Information for Hospitals, clinics & other Vendors
- Healthcare providers or other vendors interested in participating in one of our sessions are encouraged to include patient/buyer co-presenters in their Speaker submissions as these will be given preference.
- Speakers, presenters and panelists should abstain from promoting themselves or their businesses during their sessions. While we are aware that at it may be necessary sometimes to refer your business by name, promotional efforts of any kind are considered a serious breach of the spirit of the conference.
Conference Fees & Hotel Lodging
The Health and Wellness Conference does not cover expenses for speakers, or presenters, this includes keynote speakers. All speakers must pay full registration fees, travel expenses and hotel accommodations. It is only in very rare cases that speaker fees may be waived. Some speakers may be eligible for funding through our VIP Hosted Buyers Program.
Magazine Publication Opportunities
The Conference is affiliated with the Medical Tourism Magazine. The Medical Tourism Magazine is a Bi-monthly online and print publication covering the medical tourism and global wellness industry. The Magazine addresses important issues and topics of discussion affecting the Medical tourism industry including Hospital Quality, the Patient Experience, Healthcare Reform, Corporate Wellness, and Self-Funding. The publication includes a printed Congress Issue that is distributed to congress attendees at the annual event.
Papers submitted will also be considered for the Printed Congress Issue of Medical Tourism Magazine.
Share This Call with your Colleagues
Please pass this request to your colleagues. To subscribe to our mailing list please send an email to info@MedicalTourismCongress.com